5.27.2024

2024 Selected Scholar

Introducing our 2024 Scholar!  

On the evening of April 24th 2024, our scholarship selection committee sat down to review the applications received.  Those board members included Sue Roye, Charmaine Mayer, Diana Diaz Torres and contributions from Jeannette Aquino. 

As always, it’s difficult to select from such a wonderfully gifted and talented pool but we were able to select an individual who stood out from the rest.  We wanted to first wish all our applicants an exciting college experience and successful careers.  Our future looks hopeful with you. 

Now for the big announcement, please welcome our 2024 scholar recipient to our SMBS Inc. family Mathias Parker!!!

 


“I would like to express my gratitude for your consideration and awarding of the Stephanie Marie Burgos Scholarship. Winning this scholarship is truly an affirmation that my dreams are within reach and possible. I feel so encouraged to put my absolute best into everything along my journey and to fight to overcome the many obstacles I have yet to face. This scholarship will help equip me with the necessary tools to pursue my dreams and get the best out of my education. This is not just a scholarship to me, it is a stepping stone in my journey and confirmation that I am meant to achieve my dreams. I promise to keep pushing and working towards my ambitions in honor of Stephanie, and one day give back. Your generosity, support, and well wishes mean so much.”

Thank You So Much,
Mathias Parker

Congratulations Mathias on your upcoming high school graduation from Francis Lewis High School, college acceptance into Parson’s and becoming our 2024 scholarship recipient! 

No comments :