8.28.2026

2026 Scholar - Congratulations Leon Johnson!

Leon graduated from Thomas Edison High School in the Jamaica area of Queens, New York this past June 2026.   After carefully reviewing applicants this spring, Leon's exceptional achievements and acknowledgement from recommenders were noticed.   We are proud to announce Leon already started his college journey at the State University of New York in Purchase.     

Please welcome our 2026 Scholar ~ Leon Johnson 

Leon Johnson ~ Scholar 2026-2030


Dear SMB Scholarship Inc.,

I really don’t know what to say right now but to thank you guys over and over for this amazing gift. I worked hard left and right and applied for numerous scholarships to help support my education and ease my mom’s financial responsibilities involving me. Receiving this scholarship means so much to me and it will definitely help ease the financial responsibilities that come with attending purchase. More importantly, it reminded me that there are people who are willing to invest in the dreams and potential of young students. Your generosity motivated me to continue working hard and making the most of every opportunity that comes my way. Art has always been an important part of my identity. It began as something I enjoyed, but over time, it became something I could see myself building a future around. As I begin my college journey, I hope to continue developing my artistic and creative skills while learning how I can turn my passion into a meaningful career. I also hope to build my own creative business and use my work to inspire others. Your support brings me one step closer to these goals. I do not take this opportunity for granted, and I am committed to honoring your generosity through my education, my creativity, and the work I put into my future. Again, I would like to sincerely thank everyone involved in creating and supporting this scholarship and for believing in students like me as we take the next step toward our futures. Thank you again for your kindness, generosity, and belief in my potential. I am incredibly grateful to be a recipient of the Stephanie Marie Burgos Scholarship, and I hope that one day I can give back to others in the same way you have given to me. 

Sincerely, 

Leon Johnson



No comments :