| Mathias Parker ~ Scholar 2024-2028 |
My name is Mathias, and I’m going into my third year at Parsons. The past year has been such a huge learning experience for me, with so many opportunities and events that have helped shape where I want to go in the future.
Last year was filled with so many firsts. I had the opportunity to participate in my first two art exhibitions, at the Greenpoint Gallery in Brooklyn and through MoMA Teens at The Museum of Modern Art. Being able to share my ideas and artwork with such large audiences felt like a huge and pivotal moment for me as an artist and designer.
I also had the opportunity to participate in my very first Fashion Week with Christian Cowan. Working alongside the team and experiencing the energy of the show firsthand was such an incredible experience. The excitement and high energy of that day is something I still carry with me.
Through continuing to develop my fashion design work and create new collections, I’ve been able to narrow my focus and develop a clearer vision of myself as a designer. I’ve had the opportunity to experiment with new materials, prints, and fabrics, all of which have helped inform the choices I make in my work. I’m really excited to take everything I’ve learned into this new school year and continue building on it through each new collection.
This summer, I also had the opportunity to intern at Tory Burch as a Color & Fabric Intern for the Ready-to-Wear team. It was such a huge learning experience and allowed me to see how design works in a corporate setting. I got to see firsthand how different teams collaborate and how many decisions are made throughout the design process, from color palettes and fabric choices to prints. I’m excited to take those skills with me into this school year, and the experience has made me even more excited to start building a career in fashion.
I’m especially excited for this semester because in the spring, I’ll be studying abroad in London at Central Saint Martins. I’m so excited to experience a new culture, explore new places, travel more, and continue growing both personally and creatively.
I’m so grateful to the many, many people who have helped me get this far and who continue to support me throughout this journey. I’m especially thankful to SMBS for always supporting me and being a part of this journey.
Thank you!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
![]() |
| Eleni Georgiadou ~ Scholar 2025-2029 |
Dear S.M.B.S. Inc.,
As I begin my sophomore year, I want to take a moment to express my deepest gratitude for your continued support through my scholarship. Your belief in my potential lightens my financial load and allows me to stay focused on building a meaningful academic and professional future.
Reflecting on my freshman year, it was an incredible period of growth and learning. I officially started my journey as a Biology major and have begun sharpening my goals for the future. My passion for healthcare and human connection has led me to work toward becoming a Physician Assistant (PA), and I am actively preparing for the path ahead after completing my bachelor's degree.
Outside the classroom, I’ve had a rewarding year balancing hard work, service, and making wonderful new friends. During the week, I work as an after-school teacher from Monday through Thursday, and on weekends, I wait tables from Friday through Sunday. I also spend time tutoring young children in Greek, which allows me to share my love for language and culture with the next generation.
After an incredible summer spending a month in Greece recharging and connecting with family and friends, I am back, refreshed, and ready to tackle another academic year with full energy.
None of this would be possible without your generosity and support. Thank you so much for investing in my education and helping me turn my goals into reality.
Warm regards, Eleni
PLEASE WISH ALL OUR SCHOLARS A SAFE, PRODUCTIVE AND FUN NEW ACADEMIC YEAR!
________________________________________________________________________
We take great pride in supporting our scholars financially but also with their social-emotional growth as undergraduate students. This is why we follow them every year and expect them to keep striving to achieve all they can with the proper supports. This is fulfilling the organization's mission to support students like Stephanie in their new journey.
If you feel moved or touched by our work, please do not hesitate to follow us on Instagram or Facebook, reach out and/or join our team. Donations are also always welcomed and can be sent to:
The Stephanie Marie Burgos Scholarship, Inc.
P.O. Box 370153
Brooklyn, New York 11237

No comments :
Post a Comment