8.27.2011

2011 Update: Third Year Scholar, Areta Gjicali

August 27, 2011


To the Stephanie Marie Burgos Scholarship Organization,

As I am starting my second year of college I have come to realize the importance of education both in and out of school. I realize that I am given the opportunity to expand on my knowledge, to live my dream and to reach a place where some people do not have the opportunity go. In Stephanie's case, she fell short of that dream and therefore I am taking advantage of this opportunity. For her, for myself, and for the rest of the people around the world that are unfortunate to do so.

This past school year I learned a whole lot about other people. I understood the different type of people we have in this world from different personalities, to different backgrounds but we all come together because we share one common dream; the dream of knowledge. I also learned a whole lot about myself. I figured out how much responsibility I can handle (or not handle) and just how much diverse I can be. With the help of my professors, my own perseverance, and the Stephanie Marie Burgos Scholarship it makes it easier for me to succeed in college as I try to figure my way into my own future.

Thank you so much,
Areta Gjicali




June 25, 2011

Hello,

I am very excited to inform you that I finished my first year of college and I am no longer a freshman. (Woot!) I took fifteen credits this past Spring semester and had the pleasure of being part of my first college theater production of Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare. (The credits for this years production will show on my Fall 2011 transcript.)

I am looking forward to hearing about the fourth scholar that won this years Stephanie Marie Burgos Scholarship.

Keep me posted!

Thank you,
Areta Gjicali




January 5, 2011


Hello it's me Areta :)


I wanted to update you on my academics and of course college itself, as I survived my first semester as a freshman. I'm currently double majoring in Theater and Public Relations, and achieved a 3.8 GPA in the fall term. I want to thank you again for giving me this scholarship not only because the money helped me but because I feel so inspired and motivated to keep perusing my dreams. I hung up the award on my wall in order to remind myself how lucky I am that I can wake up every morning and go to school-and live my life, something that Stephanie fell short on. So once again THANK YOU.


With Love,

Areta


No comments :