8.19.2012

2012 Scholar Update: Jennifer Moran


Dear SMBS Scholarship Inc.,
Since I graduated High school and went into my first year of college, it has been a major change for me academically and personally. I thought everything I complained about High school was so difficult but College has made me realized that High school was nothing to really complain about. College is like a new life. I am still getting used to the process of change, going from being a high school student to now a college student. My first year of college I have to say has been challenging but great as well. Throughout my first year of college I have met new people and have made new friends as well. I also learned many new things and have made friends with many great professors, as well as personally go through many difficulties in my life.
Academically, I think I have done great for my first year. I ended my year with my GPA being at 3.133. I think for a full time student and having a part time job where I work 26 hours every week is an amazing accomplishment. I have been only taking four classes per semester since I work as well it fits my schedule. Math is my worst subject to be honest so I have been struggling with it. This last semester I have failed my second remedial math class, which tremendously upset me. But this upcoming year I am hoping to pass this remedial class and put my all into this class as well as the rest. This semester I will be taking up History, Math, English and my favorite class Psychology. I will also look into volunteering again but this time maybe ata hospital or work with children.
Personally, there have been many challenges for me this year that put me at my lowest points. As I have told you guys before “I am resilient” and always will be. Some unfortunate events lead me to having to move to Long Island and being separated from my mother and younger siblings. Also there has been some serious family problems going on and I hope it ends soon. As so much is going on I still manage to keep my head and hopes high up and continue with life. I think to myself my life is difficult but there are others out there that are going through worse and I’m glad I am where I am today.
One of my professors said to me everyone needs support there is no one who goes on in life without any support or help to get to where they are now. I agreed with her because all of my fellow friends and this organization have helped me in many ways you may not know. I am very appreciative of this scholarship and proud as well. Well I believe I am done and hoping to have a wonderful year in life and school. 

   Thanks once again 


Jennifer Moran



No comments :