11.16.2016

Scholar #5 - Alex Martin Update-New Chapter

Dear Stephanie Marie Burgos Foundation,


            I have graduated from St. Lawrence University with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Music. It has been a journey and my most proud accomplishment. I did more than I thought I could achieve prior to getting to school. I have overcome the normal developmental plights of transitioning from boyhood to manhood and am ready for the next mountains life would like to put in front of me.
            Four and a half years ago if you told me that I would go to Europe for four months, meet state legislators, remain fit, be a Community Assistant, buy a car, and graduate with a plethora of new skills and connections I’d probably not believe you. This education has given me a sense of responsibility to do something right and productive. Fulfilling the Peer Development Director position is an undertaking I do not take lightly and see as an opportunity to gain more skills because of what it entails. I believe in the work being done with the foundation and I plan on continuing it.
            I’ve come out with an overall more professional demeanor, a basic bureaucratic blueprint of how the world works, appreciation for what I was granted, and a drive to thrive. I want to succeed badly and school has given me the basic tools to do so. I thank you all for your continued support and am looking forward to our new accomplishments.

All the best,


Alex Martin

     



It is honor to have Alex Martin in 2016 
as our new S.M.B.S. Board member 
and Peer Mentoring Director!
Thank you Alex for allowing us to see you grow
into such an amazing individual and
sharing your talents with our organization. 

No comments :