8.31.2013

2013 Scholar Annual Update: Alexander Martin

Alexander Michaelangelo Martin


Stephanie Marie Burgos Scholarship Recipient 2012


June 9th, 2013


Dear Scholarship Committee/Board,

This past year has been the most productive, nurturing, fortuitous, blessed, and aspiring year of my nearly 2 decades on this planet. My first wave of good fortune was my acceptance to St. Lawrence University under the highly sought after HEOP program with your generous scholarship quickly following suit. This is what has been happening (and big things have been happening) in this past year.

Starting from a summer semester I took at St. Lawrence University from June to July, I performed well at the high and persistent amount of college level work I had to accomplish to establish and prove to the HEOP program that I am truly ready to embark on this 4 year academic journey. I left that summer semester heading into freshman year with 2 credits, a 3.125 GPA, and a better idea of what I might want to major in (not to mention knowing where everything is on campus while other incoming freshman would be lost and bewildered trying to navigate campus; but I digress), an advantage that has helped me in ways I have yet to fully realize.

Sincerely,

Alexander M. Martin

Sophomore at St. Lawrence University

No comments :