8.31.2013

2013 Scholar Annual Update: Jennifer Moran


Jennifer Moran

SMBS Inc. Scholarship Recipient  2011


Dear SMBS Scholarship Inc.,
This past second year attending John Jay College of Criminal Justice has been a tough and great lesson for me. I enjoyed meeting more new people, more students in relevance to my major and excellent professors. I didn’t do as great as I did last year but I will do better this upcoming semester. I tried taking up five classes instead of my usual four, but as the year continued I ran into difficulties. I noticed that I am not used to five classes and it is more work. My advisor told me that there is no need to rush with anything in life because if you do you’ll only end up messing yourself up, which is true. I did take her advice into consideration and that is what I am doing this semester. I will be taking up four classes which are Psychology, History, Literature and Sociology. I am truly excited for this new upcoming semester and can’t wait to give it my all. I know that I will not graduate on time, but all that counts is that I will graduate in the end and have the career of my dreams even if it takes years.

I wouldn’t be where I am at now with the help of this wonderful Stephanie Marie Burgos Scholarship. This has been a great help to me and has showed me different beautiful things. I am thankful for having this little family along with the other wonderful scholars. Every time we all hang out it’s a great time, I get to hear all their adventures, struggles, and academic achievements and as the years go by I get to meet a new scholar as well which is exciting.
       Through last year until now I have been growing wiser and wiser. Life is wonderful at its times but can be a struggle as well. I have kept this quote in my head and its inked on my arm “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have”, this is to remind me that I am doing all this hard work for a purpose and a better future and life for myself and my family. Thank you again to my little family and this wonderful scholarship in the name of Stephanie. SEE you all next year until my next update.

Jennifer Moran
Junior at John Jay College

No comments :